Mid week I started planning Easter dinner. Do we go out or eat at home. I decided home would be more relaxed and the food would be better… It didn’t take much to decide to have my families traditional Easter dinner, a baked ham. With baked ham goes scalloped potatoes of course. I am happy with any vegetable but decide on carrots and peas. So what twist should I add to this dinner? Soft drinks and ginger…
- Ham With Cola and Maple Glaze. A quick look on the internet and I found this recipe. Sounded good to me and it was.
Garlic Scalloped Potatoes. No recipe here, I just know how to make it.
- 2 Idaho potatoes sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- heavy whipping cream (no fat milk if you’re watching your figure)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in butter and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in sauce pan. Add chopped fresh garlic and sauté. Add about 1/4 cup flour to butter and stir with a wisk till combined. Add cream/milk and stir till smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a baking pan layer ingredients in this order. Sauce, potatoes, onions, repeat. I get about 3 layers.
- Top with finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350°.
- Fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbs Wonder Flour
- Ginger Ale
- Fresh dill chopped
- Salt to taste
In a sauce pan melt butter, add fresh grated ginger and sauté. Add carrots and sauté. I like them still a little crunchy. Add Wonder Flour to thicken juices. Add ginger ale at the end and steam briefly. Salt to taste.
I made biscuits and severed fresh tomatoes and scallions.
And the finale… Strawberry Shortcake.
THE ONLY THING MISSING…. MY KIDS !!!!